Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wowio... change in terms

I have had my books, Tales from the Cornerstone Prologue through Chapter Nine, available at Wowio for a little over a year and a half now and they recently changed their terms and presentation. Some for the better, some not so good, at least for me but I am rolling with it.

All 10 books will still be listed at Wowio but only the Prolgue will be completley free to view on-line. The other nine books can be previewed, six to seven pages each, but if you want to read the rest of the chapter you have to download it for the low low price of .99 each.

For the longest time, Wowio had made revenue from ads appearing on the comics and shared that revenue with the creators based on page views. In simple terms, I could sit back, let people read the book for free and still make the dollars (more like pennies but that's beside the point). Now, Wowio has completley removed the ads on the books and removed the "per page view" revenue stream. To counter that, the "per download" revenue was increased.

This might not be too bad for someone who gets lots of downloads, but my product was best if given away... but not any longer. This has made me re-think how I will market and put my books out there in the future and overall, this will be a good thing. But in the mean time, if you want to see the books in whole... it's gonna cost you a little money. If you like what you see and would like a "hard copy"... that's coming again soon... working on ideas now to make my books that much better...especially to hold in your hot little hands.

More updates as soon as I can... Cornerstone is not dead... just sleeping.

-Drew

No comments: